Saturday, March 28, 2009

How much does an extra "D" cost?

Just went to see "Monsters vs. Aliens" this afternoon and enjoyed it... What I didn't enjoy however was when the kid selling tickets told me, "You know the 3D vesion costs $3 dollars more....is that Ok?" They were showing both a standard 2D version, and the nifty new fangled 3D version with Buddy Holly glasses as well. I asked him why the 3D one cost more, was it the glasses? He told me, "Its to cover the cost of making the 3D...." Uh....Ok. So thats $12 for adults, and $9 bucks for the six year old. I dont remember paying more to see Coraline a few weeks ago... Maybe Katzenberg is offsetting the cost of installing a Holodeck needed to make these 3D movies....
The 3D was cool....but I'm still not 100% on board..... It's still a bit dark around the edges, and fast movements seem to Strobe a bit. Overall it still has that gimmicky 'ViewMaster' feel...which was cool as a kid, but.... Maybe I'm just getting old... ;)
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment